CBSE has reintroduced Investigatory Projects in Physics wef AISSCE 2013. This would be applicable for students who are in class XI during the academic year 2011 – 12 and writing
Monthly Archive: March 2011
Permanent link to this article: http://www.plustwophysics.com/investigatory-project-reintroduced-in-cbse-physics-curriculum/
We are starting a Physics Tutor section soon.
The Physics tutors all over India (as well as those outside India) can now send their details along with a nominal fee for permanent listing with us.
Permanent link to this article: http://www.plustwophysics.com/physics-tutors-register-now-to-get-listed-here/
GRAVITATION AND WAVES
Questions 1 to 5 carries one mark each
Questions 5 to 10 carries 2 marks each
Questions 10 to 15 carries 3 marks each
Permanent link to this article: http://www.plustwophysics.com/class-xi-physics-chapter-wise-revision-test-gravitation-and-waves/
PHYSICS TEST PAPER
Max marks 35
Time 1 ½ hrs
Questions 1 to 5: 1 mark each
Questions 6 to 10: 2 marks each
Questions 11 to 15: 3 marks each
Question 16: 5 marks
- What is an isochoric process?
- On what factors does the efficiency of a Carnot engine depend?
- State second law of thermodynamics. (Any one statement)
- State zeroth law of thermodynamics.
- What is a heat engine?
- State first law of thermodynamics and apply it to an isothermal process.
- Explain why a balloon is cooler after it bursts.
- What is a PV diagram? What does the area between the PV curve and the volume axis signify?
- State the conditions for two bodies to be in thermal equilibrium.
- State Carnot’s theorem and explain its significance.
- What is a cyclic process? Show that the work done in a cyclic process is equal to the area enclosed by the loop representing the cyclic process.
- Why gases have two principal specific heat capacities? Define them
- Why C > Cv? Prove that C – Cv = R
- Define the coefficient of performance of a heat pump. (refrigerator) and obtain a relation for it in terms of temperature T1 and T2
- A sample of gas (γ = 1.5) is compressed adiabatically from a volume of 1600 cm3 to 400 cm3. If the initial pressure is 150 kPa, what is the final pressure and how much work is done on the gas in the process?
- Explain the construction and various operations involved in a Carnot’s heat engine with neat labeled diagram. Draw Carnot’s cycle and write expression for efficiency of a Carnot’s heat engine.
Permanent link to this article: http://www.plustwophysics.com/class-xi-physics-revision-tests-thermodynamics/
Permanent link to this article: http://www.plustwophysics.com/now-a-site-for-plustwo-chemistry-too/
In the Video below, famous Physicist and teacher Professor Walter Lewin shares his personal insights on arts of 2oth century.
“At the turn of the century we’ve reached a point that beauty is no longer an issue. Now you may find some of these works beautiful, but the intention of the artists that you’ve just seen, was definitely not to paint something that was beautiful. They wanted to introduce a new way of looking at the world, and they did that in different ways.
Permanent link to this article: http://www.plustwophysics.com/physicist-turns-to-arts-prof-walter-lewin/
Permanent link to this article: http://www.plustwophysics.com/how-was-the-cbse-plustwo-physics-question-paper-aissce-2011/