Try to solve these problems, it will help you score good marks in Physics in first summative assessment.
- Calculate the force required to be imparted to a car to give it a velocity of 30 m/s in 10 s. The mass of the car is 1500 kg.
- For how long should a force of 200N act on a body of mass 2o kg so that it acquires a velocity of 100 m/s?
- A force of 4 kg wt acts upon a body of mass 9.8 kg. Calculate the acceleration . Given g=9.8 m/s2
- A 2000kg vehicle moving with a speed of 20 m/s is brought to rest in a distance of 50 cm. (i) find the acceleration (ii) Calculate the unbalanced force acting on the vehicle.
- A motor car is moving with a velocity of 108 km/h and takes 4 s to stop after the brakes are applied. Calculate the force exerted by the brakes on the motor car if its mass along with passengers in the motor car is 1000 kg.
- A bullet of mass 50 g is fired from a gun of mass 4 kg with an initial velocity of 35 m/s. Calculate the initial velocity of recoil of the gun.
- A bullet of mass 20 g is fired horizontally from the pistol of mass 2 kg with a horizontal velocity of 150 m/s. What is the recoil velocity of the pistol?
- Two persons with equal muscle power manage to push a motor car of mass 1200 kg at a uniform velocity along a level road. The same motor car can be pushed by three persons with equal muscle power to produce an acceleration of 0.2 m/s. With what force does each person push the car?