“Can u explain Concept of magnetic dipoles” – Sam Asked Answer: A magnet always exist in pairs. A magnetic dipole consists of two equal and opposite poles separated by a small distance. The magnetic poles cannot exist alone. Monopoles does not exist. A single current carrying loop is a simple practical example for a magnetic dipole. Please refer [...]
Why does magnet attract only some of the materials like iron why not plastic ? What is the absolute reason behind it? (Ankit Gururani posted in facebook) Answer: The answer cannot be limited to a quick reply. The cause of magnetism is revolution of electrons. A revolving electron acts like a tiny magnet just like a [...]
Time: 45 min
Max. Marks: 25
- How does the force between two point charges change, if the dielectric constant of the medium in which they are kept, increases? 
- Name the
Physics 2004 Set 1
- Why is shortwave band used for long distance radio broadcast?
- Two metals A and B have work functions 2 eV and 5 eV respectively. Which metal has lower threshold wavelength?
Hello Dear Students, If you were searching for a set of questions which you cannot afford to leave while preparing for AISSCE 2011 Physics Exam, Here it is. Please practice them carefully. If you have
- Derive an expression for the Electric field at a point on the (i) axial line and (ii) equatorial line of an electric dipole
- Describe the principle construction and working of Van de Graff Generator.
- State Gauss’ theorem and apply it to find the electric field at a point due to
- A point charge
- A line of charge
- A plane sheet of charge
- A charged spherical conducting shell
10. Derive an expression for the effective capacitance when three capacitors are connected in (i) series (ii) parallel
11. Derive an expression for the energy stored in a parallel plate capacitor.