CBSE is conducting an optional proficiency test in all the five main subjects from next year.
The proposed Proficiency Test is being conducted with the broad objectives of :
- acting as a benchmark in testing of skills and higher mental abilities of students
- providing motivation to students for academic excellence in the respective subject
- providing feedback to students and parents on how well the students have achieved the desired learning objectives.
- providing feedback to schools on levels of learning of their students and setting
- goals, priorities and targets in their future educational plan.
Some of the specific