http://www.physicsclassroom.com/shwave/ http://www.compadre.org/ http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/einsteinlight/ http://www.chemeddl.org/resources/ptl/ http://www.compadre.org/informal/ http://www.compadre.org/precollege/search/browse.cfm?browse=GSSS http:/...
The science Fair/ Exhibition time is nearing.
Download the NCERT Guidelines for exhibits HERE
The main objectives of the exhibitions are :
- to provide a forum for children to pursue their natural curiosity and inventiveness to quench their thirst for creativity;
- to make children feel that science is all around us and we can gain knowledge as well as solve any problems also by relating the learning process to the physical and social environment;
- to lay emphasis on the development of science and technology as a major instrument fo r achieving goals of self-reliance and socioeconomic and socio-ecological development;
- to highlight the role of science and technology for producing good quality and environmental friendly materials for the use of society;
- to encourage children to visualize future of the nation and help them become sensitive and responsible citizens ;
- to analyze how science and technology have developed and is affected by many diverse
individuals, cultures and societies ;
- to develop critical thinking about global issues to maintain healthy and sustainable societies in
- to apply mathematics to visualize and solve problems pertaining to everyday life etc.
- to appreciate the role of science and techno logy in meeting the challenges of life such as climate
change, opening new avenues in the area of agriculture, fertiliser, food processing, biotechnology, green energy, information and communication technology, astronomy, transport,
games and sports etc.;
The Main Theme of this year is
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY